What brings over 3000 attendees, major vendor partners and the brightest minds in IT security innovation together? Answer: Palo Alto Networks Ignite Cyber security Conference!
Matrix CNI looked at the big issues facing corporate security and how Palo Alto Networks is driving the future of cyber security.
What we liked:
1. The announcement of PAN OS 7.1 – Extending Breach Prevention to the Cloud
There are more than 50 new enhancements in the 7.1 release that are designed to extend the breach prevention capabilities of the Palo Alto Networks firewall platform. Some include:
- Support for Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) on Amazon Web Services.
- Multi-tenancy on VM-Series NSX edition firewall.
- Support for VMware Tools l.
- Support on Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 (standalone edition) and on Windows Server 2012 R2 (standard and datacenter editions) deployments.
- Support for VM-Series Firewall in Microsoft Azure.
- Further Wildfire and AutoFocus integration – Big data analytics for threat prevention and security.
- Anti-Credential theft.
More information can be found here: http://bit.ly/PANOS7x1Features
2. New product: Aperture SaaS security
Aperture provides a security platform for Software as a Service (SaaS) applications providing granular visibility and control to ensure security policies.
More information can be found here: http://bit.ly/PANAperture
3. New product: AutoFocus
AutoFocus was born out of the need for streamlining the workflows of cyber security experts. Cyber-attack automation means the sheer number of threats has drastically increased and is overburdening security teams. To make their time effective in stopping threats which are most likely to have a huge impact, AutoFocus analyses vast amounts of data in order to prioritise and manage them so that action is taken before it’s too late.
More information can be found here: http://bit.ly/PANAutoFocus
If you missed it don’t worry here’s a full overview of the event:http://bit.ly/IGNITEoverview
Contact us at Matrix CNI for more information on Cyber Security and how to increase your defences.